Happy World Ocean Day! Sometimes, just a few words are all it takes to remind us of our connection to the dazzling, life-filled ocean:
1. “Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.” —William Arthur Ward
2. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” —Jacques Cousteau
3. “The Ocean is a mighty harmonist.” —William Wordsworth
4. “No water, no life. No blue, no green.” —Sylvia Earle
5. “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch, we are going back from whence we came.” —John F. Kennedy
6. “For each of us, then, the challenge and opportunity is to cherish all life as the gift it is, envision it whole, seek to know it truly, and undertake—with our minds, hearts and hands—to restore its abundance. It is said that where there’s life there’s hope, and so no place can inspire us with more hopefulness than that great, life-making sea—that singular, wondrous ocean covering the blue planet.” —Carl Safina
7. “One drop of water helps to swell the ocean…none are too small, too feeble, too poor to be of service. Think of this and act.” —Hannah More
What’s your favorite ocean quote? Share it below!
Get Involved on the Issues
Interested in learning more? Subscribe to our RSS feed or give us your email using the simple form below and we’ll make sure you get the latest ocean inspiration and all the important ways you can fight for a healthy ocean.